Thursday, July 2, 2015

BERLIN Books & Postcards = Friends & Colleagues



Berlin for me is synonymous with art, creativity, a vibrant gallery scene, book stores and lots of street art, graffiti, paste-ups and stencils. First stop: visit Anna and Christian, the amazing, silk-screen printing couple behind Re:Surgo! at their gallery on Tor Strasse. It was great to see them and I'm very pleased they gave me the opportunity to buy some of their out-of-print editions which you will be able to purchase at my stand at the PS1 Art Book Fair in the fall!
  
click any image to enlarge



Photos of the gallery ...





Anna and Christian





 First pass of David Sandlin's new book on the drying rack. 
I will have copies for sale at PS1 in September.



A unique experience in all my years in the trade was to become friends with a dealer and his whole family! Such is my enduring relationship with the Krauses. I'm pictured here with Jurgen and his son Florian. Jurgen and his wife Christina have recently retired from the postcard trade, nonetheless when I got to their house, Jurgen wanted to know "... do you want to look at some postcards I set aside for you before we go to dinner?" "Ja...bitte!"






A favorite spot in Berlin is the court yard of the one of the Hackescher Hof buildings in East Berlin (Rosenthaler Strasse) that is completely covered with all types of street art ...



















No comments:

Post a Comment