Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NUDES Pin-Ups Busty Babes 1950s Photographs



Somehow in our lives, call it the "sense memory" part of the brain, there are sights, sounds and tastes that trigger intense associations of a time or place. Without mounting the glossy, 4" x 5" girlie photographs of the 1950s on too high a pedestal, I have a very strong, boyhood sense memory in association with my first viewing of these (at the time) illicit photographs. Discovered buried deep in my father's "sock draw", the few photos found there hold a strong and enjoyable sense memory for me.

Indeed, for all the years that have followed when viewing the thousands of these photographs I collected, bought and sold, comes a bit of that memory. I sense an empty apartment, a dimly lit bedroom, a blond colored dresser draw opened where I fumble around, finding photos of ladies I kind of recognize. They resemble undressed versions of relatives, and family friends, willingly posed in and out of dresses, bras, panties, garter belts and stockings. And at that moment in time, they were the most seductive things I had ever seen.

Above is one of my favorite photographs of the genre, encapsulating for me the variety of women that I encountered as a boy growing up. Each one brings back the fading face of a women, probably a friend of my mother's, whose name was long ago forgotten.


Click on any image to enlarge

Donna "Busty" Brown

Dolores Devaugh on the right posed with two friends





Dolores Devaugh on the right




 Small, large, extra-large!




Jackie Miller


 Terry Barton


No comments:

Post a Comment